Four Steps to Salvation
There are many problems in the world today. Although peace, happiness and love are desired by all men, only very few know what it means to have abundant life.
God loves you and He wants you to have abundant life. He has a wonderful plan for your life. He loves you because it is nature to love. Many today are not enjoying the love of God. Are you one of such people? As you read along in this article, you will discover the reason why.
- GOD’S LOVE “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”(John 3:16). “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” (John 10:10).
- MAN’S PROBLEM Although man was created in the image of God and meant to live an abundant life, man got into problem because of sin. Sin separates us from God. It also hinders us from enjoying the love of God. Over the centuries, man has made uncountable efforts to be at peace with God. But none of these efforts has helped man. Sin, like a great wall separates man from God. And with this wall, man’s problem will remain. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23). “Behold, the LORD’S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: but your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear” (Isaiah 59:1,2).
- GOD’S SOLUTION What can we do to get man’s problem solved? Is there a way out? God knew that we would not be able to find a way out through our own efforts. He provided the solution. His love for fallen man made Him draw the plan of salvation. He allowed His Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer and die for us, so that through His suffering and sacrifice we can pass from death to life. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6). “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)” – (Ephesians 2:4).
- MAN’S RESPONSE You have a part to play in order to benefit from God’s love. You cannot benefit unless you respond personally. Salvation is God’s free gift. But, you must receive this gift before you can enjoy it. “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved” (Romans 10:9). “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me” (Revelation 3:20). “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (John 1:12). Are you ready to respond? Are you willing to receive God’s free gift now? Will you decide to receive Christ now?
- Admit that you are a sinner.
- Be willing to repent.
- Believe that Jesus died for your sins.
- Go to God in prayer, repent and invite Jesus into your life.
A SUGGESTED PRAYER Almighty God, I thank You because You love me. When I was lost in sin, You sent Jesus Christ to die for me. I believe that the blood He shed was for my pardon. Today, I repent of my sins and ask for forgiveness. Lord Jesus, come into my heart and be my Savior and Lord. Thank You for coming into my heart according to Your promise. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
HAVE YOU TAKEN THESE FOUR STEPS?
- Read the WORD of God everyday – Psalm 119:9,11
- Spend some time in PRAYER everyday – Philip. 4:6
- Fellowship with other believers in the Church so that you can be cared for and grow up spiritually – Hebrews 10:25
- Yield your life to God, WITNESS for Christ and BRING others to Him – Mark 1:17.
© 2015 Copyright Deeper Life Bible Church, Concord NC. All rights reserved. Designed and Powered by Jayel Designs